jeudi 2 septembre 2010

Georgetown

Hi guys, long time no see.
I got to apologize for this lack of news! You think I was slacking off, but I was not! I started my courses and got tons of homework to do + I had to do a 28 pages essay for which I’ve had like 3 months to prepare. I finally did it in two days and sent it less than a day before the deadline! Relieved, I can now continue sharing my experience in Washington. Do you want some more?! Make some nooooooooise! …
I went to Georgetown, the oldest part of Washington. In facts Georgetown was a city built before Washington, in 1751.
S7301564.JPG_effected
Georgetown is very nice. Cute woodhouses, cute streets. It looks like a village, or a very small town, I couldn’t tell I was in the USA capital. This is a rich area with wealthy habitants, but it doesn’t look like. I mean it looks very modest, no showing off here.
S7301566.JPG_effected
Georgetown is located next to the Potomac river – i love that name, Potomac, sounds like Pachacamac, the name of the Inca god of sun. The one that Tintin pretends to know to make the Inca stopping the burning ceremony in Le Temple du Soleil. It’s also the name of the boat where Tournesol is kept prisoner, and Tintin sneaks in to rescue him, but he fails…he’s my hero though!
images dyn009_original_444_146_pjpeg_2622999_c82a2ce7c61eaed2b4a7b559a3d97f9e tintin
Anyway, let’s go back to Georgetown and its Potomac river : that’s how it looks like.
S7301575.JPG_effected   S7301596.JPG_effected
S7301582.JPG_effected
There’s also an interesting area with old factories and an old canal used to carry courrier, digged before rails were commonly used in the US. Rapidly the Chesapeake and Ohio canal – that’s its name and it doesn’t remind me anything in Tintin’s adventures – became useless and now is a part of the decoration.
S7301569.JPG_effected 
Georgetown is on a hill. To connect that hill and the river, you have to walk up long and narrow stairs.
exorcist-stairs-in-georgetown.jpg_effected

The steps are high and numerous, a pain to climb, especially with my increased weight. It’s not easy to see, but it’s very dark overthere, I can tell you that was scary…Those stairs have a secret. Maybe with that picture you would recognize them and know what I’m talking about…Let me know in the comments.
As you can see on the pictures, the sun was going down. The low light made things look nice at the beginning, but quickly the darkness started to spread on the streets. Ô Great Pachacamac ...
I could suddendly feel something was going on about this place, the stairs were a first sign. This place has a secret that I had to discover.
But hold on?! What do my elf-eyes see?
S7301592.JPG_effected
Please click on the picture for a better view...
What are these scary massive gothic buildings?
Is that a clocktower? I must go there to find out before the sublime Pachacamac goes to sleep!
Le-Tintin-de-Spielberg-a-Angouleme_image_article_paysage_new
To be continued in the next article…

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

tain ce seraient pas les escaliers de l'exorchiste?!
Georgetown University bulldogs.

Guil

florian a dit…

le coup de l'elf, je ne m'y attendais pas...

Bill a dit…

Je suis subscriber et je can't wait to find out quoi will happen prochaine

Amanoccio a dit…

Georgetown is a cute town!! But the industrial part of the town slightly looks like the Alcatraz prison....I'm just sayin'!

Btw, aren't there some lights on the stairs' guardrail?