lundi 13 septembre 2010

Georgetown continued

Soooo… I continued my walk in the neighborhood until I arrived to Georgetown University!

S7301607.JPG_effected

Georgetown University is the oldest Jesuit Catholic university in the USA, founded in January 1789, before the French Revolution, that’s really old. Its look is scary, especially at night, when the campus is empty and silent.

S7301610.JPG_effected.jpg_effected

The funny fact is that students traditionnaly steal the hands of the main hall big clock! Last time was in 2005. This university is known for having an alumni including important people like Bill Clinton. But more important, this university and Georgetown were the place where the Exorcist was shot! So bravo to Guillaume who found out in the previous article comments!
More details on this fan’s blog  : http://exorcist-revisited.blogspot.com/

filminfilm

Inside the Healy Hall – that’s the main building – it looked like this :

S7301613.JPG_effected  S7301785.JPG_effected

I can tell you it was scary, it was so silent that I thrilled when I heard some foot steps, or a opening door cracking. I walked across this long corridor and arrived on a little yard with a fountain and a chapel.

S7301617.JPG_effected

Even if it’s not that beautiful, I really liked the atmosphere of this place, it really was like in a movie of the 80s, it reminded me a lot the college in the Dead Poet Society. I was expecting students dressed in suit coming at any moment! I rewatched  the movie as soon as I got home!

DeadPoetsSociety1989CD2.avi_003839798

I went out of the main building, and wandered around the campus. The atmosphere was still very thrilling. The campus is huge and there are dorms everywhere. There’s even a graveyard, isn’t it creepy?

S7301620.JPG_effected S7301637.JPG_effected

And then I saw bright lights and sounds of referees whistles…It was the football team training.
For the first time i saw football players. The famous Georgetown Hoyas! The team is quite good in the league as far as i know.

S7301622.JPG_effected 
S7301628.JPG_effected
 S7301631.JPG_effected





images

In the nineties, every kid during primary school used to have a Hoya cap, or a Hoya jumper, that was trendy, everyone liked that bulldog face unconscious of its real origin. Even me, until that night.
I finished this long walk into one of the oldest pub in Georgetown, called The Tombs. Everyone around there knows it, and people say that all the students that attend Georgetown University go to this pub at least once during the studies!

S7301640.JPG_effected-001

Here are my two mates that enjoyed that cool adventure, ladies and gentlemen, Nikki from Netherlands, and Pablo from Spain, give’em a round of applause!
Can you spot Agassi’s 1995 tennis racket on the wall?

S7301642.JPG_effected S7301643.JPG_effected

bonne nuit :)

4 commentaires:

Bill a dit…

I think Nikki is eyeing you up mate!

florian a dit…

zbrrrlaaaaaaa

Anonyme a dit…

J'ai honte du commentaire de mon keum.

Morgate a dit…

Le fou qui se balade près d'un cimetière le soir. Amandine serait terrorisée mdr